Applying for Cameroon Passport (it takes only 10 minutes to apply)
Your passport will be available within 10 days from the start of your application. ALL Cameroon passports are expedited. Do not get scammed. Do not believe anything that anyone tells you, do it yourself, from your smart phone.
Requirements to make a Cameroon Passport.
- Cameroon National Identity Card
- A certified copy of your ID Card
- 110,000Frs CFA Fee (= $220 US) paid via MTN Mobile money.
- Original of your Birth Certificate
- Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate
- For Married women, you require the Original of your Marriage Certificate
- For Married women, you also require the Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate
- For Married women, you also require your husband’s permission before making the Cameroon Passport. Your husband can write an authorisation letter, certify it with his ID card and attach it to your application.
- For Young adults under 21 Years old, you need your parent’s authorisation to make a Passport (Travel Document). Your father or mother can write an authorisation letter, certify it with his/her ID card and attach it to your application.
- You also require a smart Mobile phone, (Android or iPhone) plus an Email Address that you have access to.
Items not required, but some corrupt police officers may ask you to present them. They use it as an excuse to steal your money. So, it is advised to take them with you, to avoid falling victim of their THIEVERY.
- Original of your Court Judgement of your Birth Certificate (for all birth certificates that have a court declaration number printed on it)
- Certified Copy of your court judgement of your Birth Certificate (for all birth certificates that have a court declaration number printed on it)
- You also need evidence of your profession. (For example, if you enter “Student” as a profession, you must present evidence that you are a student, such as student ID Card etc).. If you enter “engineer” as your profession, you must present Diploma or evidence of qualification or employment. To avoid falling victim, Under profession, select “Other”..
Where and how to make a Certified True copy of your documents.
To make a Certified True copy of your document, make sure you first do a photocopy of the documents, and then take the original plus the photocopies to the relevant Cameroon Authorities to get the photocopies certified.
To certify any document in Cameroon, you require a fiscal stamp that costs 1,000 Frs = $2 US for each document certified.
- You can make your certified true copy of your ID Card from Immigration Police Stations (Commissariat) all over Cameroon. You can also certify a copy of your ID Card at the DO’s Office.
- You can make your certified true copy of your Birth Certificates (and Court Judgment) from the Local Council offices wherever you find yourself in Cameroon. E.g Yaounde 6 Council Akacia.
Note! You CANNOT make a Cameroon Passport WITHOUT your Original ID card. If you have just the Laissez-passer, you will NOT be able to make a Passport with it. However, if you started making your passport with your original ID card, and the ID card gets lost before you attend your appointment at the Passport office, you will STILL need to attach the certified true copy of the ID card you used when applying for the passport. #MKPD
Note 2! If you do not have a Photocopy of your old ID card, then you are either an idiot, poorly educated or you do not like your own life. If you are reading this right now, and you do not have a Photocopy of your ID Card already, ACT NOW! TAKE a copy right now! This is a DIRECT ORDER from the iGwee, King of ALL BlackLegs. #MKPD
Use the Camera on your Android Phone to take a Photo of your ID card, and save the photos, because you will need it in the future. You should ALWAYS have a photocopy of your passport or your ID card in a safe place.
Note 3! If the child is an infant, under 18 years old and does not have an ID card, you need to make one for them, before making a passport, or contact the Passport office for further advise. This guidance is based on my own personal experience making a passport for a family member in November 2021. I am sharing my experiences to help others and hopefully make it smoother and easier for you. #MKPD
If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below.
To start the application process, go to the official website by following this link.. https://portal.passcam.cm/mail
Enter your email address, and follow the instructions. It will take you between 10 or 20 minutes to apply for the passport, if you have all the information available before you start. #MKPD
Once you have completed the application online, paid the 110,000 Frs Passport fee via Mobile Money, you will be given this final document in PDF format. The document will be emailed to you. You can send it to yourself via WhatsApp. Make sure you print a copy of this document and take it to your appointment at the Passport Centre on your date of your appointment.
You will create a file, with ALL the documents and evidence as indicated at the beginning of this article above. Take the documents with you, and make sure you arrive at the Passport centre ONE hour before your appointment time. You will also receive a Text message to confirm that your passport application has been received, confirming the appointment date and time.
Once you attend your appointment with the right documents, your photo, fingerprints and signature will be taken, and a receipt will be printed and issued to you. Make sure you keep this receipt, because you will need it when you come back to collect the passport.
After your appointment, you will receive a text message within 48 hours notifying you that your passport is ready for collection. Go back to the Passport center with your receipt and your ID card to collect the passport.
I hope this information would be very helpful, if you feel that I have missed anything, please complete it in the comment section below.. Let us know what you think.